Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Hoffman untested

It's a trap.

Hoffman untested

Postby davech1987 » October 6th, 2012, 1:52 am

In saw 4 on the tape jigsaw talks about hoffman being untested which was his test i thought it was the shotgun trap when he met jigsaw. Or was it the RBT from saw 6 ?

any answers would be cool ^^
There is only one truth - Detective Conan
davech1987
Victim

Rank experience:
5%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Hoffman untested

Postby Valkarius » October 6th, 2012, 7:39 am

What if it was the Strahm test? As Jigsaw apparently wanted Hoffman to die. And if Strahm didn't stop the tape, he would have lived.
R.I.P. Jill Tuck (Betsy Russell) Gone but never forgotten.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur28649741/boards/profile/
House of Flying Fists: http:/thehouseofff.proboards.com/index.cgi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kain_Pendragon
http://womenofdarkness.freeforums.net/

Team Jill: Her white knight, protagonist to her an antagonist to all whom threaten her.
Valkarius
Asian Knight

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Mood: Zen

Postby sawfilm » October 6th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Shotgun trap wasn't a test. It was just to spook Hoffman.

His true test was RBT 2.0 in Saw VI, which was designed to make him a true Jigsaw, but Jill made the trap unwinnable.

As Jigsaw apparently wanted Hoffman to die

Jigsaw wanted him to survive and to become the true apprentice. Saw VI wasn't clear about it because Kevin didn't wanted Jill to be killer.

However, to be honest, Hoffman's test idea was ruined when the story was changed after IV. That's why there is no mention of the autopsy tape in V and Hoffman, while clearly shocked in IV ending, didn't care about it in the sequels.
sawfilm
Victim

Rank experience:
25%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Kitty » November 6th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Ironically, when I first saw the Shotgun Trap, I thought it was Hoffman's test, not realizing it wasn't. That scene made me jump.
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Horacio » November 24th, 2013, 6:07 pm

sawfilm wrote:Shotgun trap wasn't a test. It was just to spook Hoffman.

His true test was RBT 2.0 in Saw VI, which was designed to make him a true Jigsaw, but Jill made the trap unwinnable.

As Jigsaw apparently wanted Hoffman to die

Jigsaw wanted him to survive and to become the true apprentice. Saw VI wasn't clear about it because Kevin didn't wanted Jill to be killer.

However, to be honest, Hoffman's test idea was ruined when the story was changed after IV. That's why there is no mention of the autopsy tape in V and Hoffman, while clearly shocked in IV ending, didn't care about it in the sequels.

Jigsaw didn't WANT anyone to survive, he didn't really care, he puts people in traps, and if they survive, cool, if not, he won't be moved. Meaning, he didn't really care if either AManda or Hoffman lived, he just wanted anyone who would survive a test continue on with his legacy. Gordon survived a near-death experience, and came out stronger obviously. Amanda survived her test, but went even more psycho because of it. And Hoffman (before VI) wasn't put in any simlar situation, so he cannot be "worthy" of Jigsaw's legacy. And when he was put in a trap, Jill messed it up by not giving him a key, and he survived by pure chance (and his resourcefulness), so he felt tricked, and wen't ape-shit crazy.

And, I think you are mistaken - I'm confident there is a scene in VI in which Hoffman remembers the tape warning him about his test, with a worried look on his face. It was the reason he wanted to take over completely, because he thought Jill was the only one left who could actually put him in a trap by Jigsaw's instructions. And he couldn't simply kill her, so he tried intimidating her, and wanting to finish all Jigsaw games as soon as possible so he wouldn't be a part of the games anymore.
Horacio
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
42%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Return to SAW IV