Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Mausoleum trap had no tape

It's a trap.

Mausoleum trap had no tape

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 22nd, 2017, 1:14 pm

Apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere.
I know that thanks to BTS and wikia and such we do have context for who Art and Trevor were and why they were there, but without a tape to give them instructions, I've always wondered what the goal of their trap would have been. It just didn't feel very clear to me- obviously they needed to find a way to communicate to each other in time to work together, but was this game possible to be survived by both if played right?
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: Yeehaw

Re: Mausoleum trap had no tape

Postby Piggylover » January 19th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Good question. We needed a tape to explain why Trevor was being tested. I thought after seeing Saw 4 that maybe in an upcoming sequel we would find out why Trevor was tested but we never did. Does anyone know if in the commentary on the Saw 4 DVD or blueray if it is ever mentioned why he was tested? We know Art was tested because of the clients he defended. A tape would have been good to explain what was going on since Trevor couldn't see with his eyes sewn shut and Art couldn't speak to tell him what was going on since his miuth was sewn shut.

When I first saw Saw 4 and Art and Jill went to see John in his work shop I actually thought Jill and Art were sleeping together. I didn't think Jill cheated on John. I thought it started after they separated and were going to get the divorce.
"Once you're in Hell, only the Devil can help you out."
Piggylover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
19%

Mood: Dead

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 20th, 2018, 10:51 am

Trevor is seen leaving Jill's clinic (during the miscarriage scene, before Cecil shows up, she's seen letting two men out of the waiting room, one is Trevor and one seems to be the man Amanda had to kill to get the key out of his stomach but I could be wrong). In any case that would at least suggest that Trevor was an addict, and we know how much John loved making examples of the clinic's patients. But it still doesn't really explain what the purpose of the trap was suppose to be.

I'll definitely give Saw this- they didn't feed us any pointless love triangle stories like that! Thank goodness.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » January 27th, 2018, 1:17 am

Faerie Tanith wrote:Trevor is seen leaving Jill's clinic (during the miscarriage scene, before Cecil shows up, she's seen letting two men out of the waiting room)

That wasn't Trevor, it was Paul from Saw I.

Without any information given, I just assume that Trevor was merely another criminal who managed to escape justice with the assistance of Art Blank as this was the case with most of the victims in Saw IV.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 27th, 2018, 7:36 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:
Faerie Tanith wrote:Trevor is seen leaving Jill's clinic (during the miscarriage scene, before Cecil shows up, she's seen letting two men out of the waiting room)

Without any information given, I just assume that Trevor was merely another criminal who managed to escape justice with the assistance of Art Blank as this was the case with most of the victims in Saw IV.

Oh right, I looked it up and apparently Mike Butters shaved his hair before filming so most people think it's Trevor. Nice going Mike!

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » January 28th, 2018, 3:17 am

Faerie Tanith wrote:
RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:

Oh right, I looked it up and apparently Mike Butters shaved his hair before filming so most people think it's Trevor. Nice going Mike!

Don't worry. I also thought it was Trevor the first time I saw the scene. I still would think it's him if I didn't listen to the audio commentaries at one point.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » October 19th, 2018, 11:33 am

I'm still scratching my head about this. Really wish this trap had had more context.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Return to SAW IV