Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The true purpose of the Glass Coffin

It's a trap.

The true purpose of the Glass Coffin

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 30th, 2016, 4:45 am

In one of the flashbacks in SAW 4 just after Jill interrogated John about Cecil we get a short look at the glass coffin which ultimately killed Strahm in SAW 5. However I think this wasn't its actual purpose for some reasons:

1. It is clearly Hoffman's voice on the last tape for Strahm in the coffin room. If John already planned that Strahm would be involved in this test he would've recorded the tape on his own.

2. At the time of this flashback he probably didn't even know about Strahm and Perez. It's even likely that these two weren't even involved in the case yet.

According to the audio commentary of SAW 4 the coffin was originally planned to be used to test the aggressive vagrant who yelled at Rigg at the Alexander Motel. Unfortunately this scene was cut out probably due to being too brutal. If the vagrant was tested it must've happened at some point after SAW 4 and then noone ever mentioned it in any of the sequels. However I think it is more likely that the coffin was used for a Jigsaw victim between Cecil and Seth. We know there must've been one as Hoffman used a Billy puppet for Seth's tape even though this victim wasn't mentioned on the list in SAW 5. What do you guys think? Was the coffin used on the vagrant at some point after SAW 4 or do you agree with me that is was likely used to test another person we don't know about yet? And for whatever it was used for, how likely do you think it is that we'll find out about it in any future SAW movie?
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
73%

The Topic Starter

Re: The true purpose of the Glass Coffin

Postby JamieTheLost1 » September 21st, 2016, 11:05 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:In one of the flashbacks in SAW 4 just after Jill interrogated John about Cecil we get a short look at the glass coffin which ultimately killed Strahm in SAW 5. However I think this wasn't its actual purpose for some reasons:

1. It is clearly Hoffman's voice on the last tape for Strahm in the coffin room. If John already planned that Strahm would be involved in this test he would've recorded the tape on his own.

2. At the time of this flashback he probably didn't even know about Strahm and Perez. It's even likely that these two weren't even involved in the case yet.

According to the audio commentary of SAW 4 the coffin was originally planned to be used to test the aggressive vagrant who yelled at Rigg at the Alexander Motel. Unfortunately this scene was cut out probably due to being too brutal. If the vagrant was tested it must've happened at some point after SAW 4 and then noone ever mentioned it in any of the sequels. However I think it is more likely that the coffin was used for a Jigsaw victim between Cecil and Seth. We know there must've been one as Hoffman used a Billy puppet for Seth's tape even though this victim wasn't mentioned on the list in SAW 5. What do you guys think? Was the coffin used on the vagrant at some point after SAW 4 or do you agree with me that is was likely used to test another person we don't know about yet? And for whatever it was used for, how likely do you think it is that we'll find out about it in any future SAW movie?

Sounds to me like the coffin that was originally planned to be used to test the aggressive vagrant who yelled at Rigg at the Alexander Motel was probably going to be used for that reason like you said but the producers/writers ignored the fact that they cut the scene out for being too brutal like you said and reused the Glass coffin for Strahms trap instead inside the closing walls which he dies in after not listening to the tape from Hoffman properly.
"I don't think so" Doctor Lawrence Gordon to Mark Hoffman in the Bathroom where Lawrence was once tested by Jigsaw (Saw 3D)
JamieTheLost1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
15%

Mood: Depressed

Return to SAW IV