Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

feel sorry for john

Oh yes, there will be blood.

Re: feel sorry for john

Postby Bill-ee » December 10th, 2012, 3:16 am

I was angry at Eric after that scene! :(

At least justice was served later, with him having to crush his foot, get beaten up by Amanda, get locked up for 6 months and then get his skull crushed by two ice blocks. :D
Bill-ee
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
4%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Mood: So so

Postby monyan » December 10th, 2012, 8:26 am

i think that the movie was made so that you would feel bad for him, i thinky they did that on purpose.
"I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger"
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
"Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
monyan
Fix me!

Rank experience:
4.3%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Mood: Fresh

Postby VaCcAr0 » August 8th, 2013, 6:00 am

I did not feel sorry for him and here's why: Jigsaw kept his cool throughout this entire movie. He knew damn well what was going to happen and how shit was going to go down. Jigsaw was the calm one who was in complete control of the situation. If anything, I felt more sorry for Eric, he was the one who was not in control of the situation plus his son had been kidnapped. Of course Eric would react the way he did and Jigsaw saw it coming. He was well prepared for it. Plus, you can't forget what he said "I don't intend to mock you officer but I'm a cancer patient. How could you possibly put me in any more pain than I'm already in?"
monyan wrote:i think that the movie was made so that you would feel bad for him

Quite the contrary.
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Mood: OK

Postby HorrorJ » August 27th, 2013, 3:58 am

It wasn't cool watching a cancer patient getting the tar kicked out of them. However, John wasn't exactly being an angel either. But I did not like seeing him bleed. :cry: I wanted to punch Eric.
HorrorJ
Victim

Rank experience:
31%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Mood: Weird

Postby Kitty » August 28th, 2013, 9:21 pm

HorrorJ wrote:It wasn't cool watching a cancer patient getting the tar kicked out of them. However, John wasn't exactly being an angel either. But I did not like seeing him bleed. :cry: I wanted to punch Eric.

I know this will sound stupid, but I actually cried during that scene! :cry:
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! and SAW 3D!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby HorrorJ » August 29th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Kitty wrote:
HorrorJ wrote:It wasn't cool watching a cancer patient getting the tar kicked out of them. However, John wasn't exactly being an angel either. But I did not like seeing him bleed. :cry: I wanted to punch Eric.

I know this will sound stupid, but I actually cried during that scene! :cry:

I lost a 15-year-old friend to brain cancer, so John's whole fight with the disease hit he kinda personally (I know it's just a movie but still).

You know, I might've teared up a little myself at that scene. I know I did when he was all bloodied up afterwards.
HorrorJ
Victim

Rank experience:
31%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Red Green » August 24th, 2014, 2:23 am

What you have to remember is that John IS a murderer (no matter what he claims) and he knew that he was going to get his ass kicked by Eric (key under the bandaid).

Eric reacted like anyone of us would. His son was in danger and the only guy knowing his whereabouts was just talking cryptic riddles. He got mad and it showed.

Maybe beating John up was bad. But so is locking up 8 people in a house and killing almost all of them painfully. Plus all the other victims.

Like Eric said: "Pointing a gun at someones face and forcing them to pull the trigger is still a murder."
:D
Red Green
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
52%

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby thundergod318 » August 25th, 2014, 11:33 am

Did I feel bad for John during that sequence? Not really; as others have said, he knew exactly what angle to play to test Matthews, and executed his plan flawlessly. Do I think that the whole sequence showed Matthews' true character, eliminating any sympathy I had for him up until that point? Definitely.
Remember the House of Jigsaw.
"You want to save her? Put a bullet in the head of everyone she's ever known."

Team Amanda - First-Gen, Militant Supporter, Conspiracy Theorist, Red Knight.
thundergod318
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
80%

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Mood: Sentimental

Postby Journey95 » August 1st, 2017, 6:45 pm

Eric thought his son was in danger, poisoned and also with a group of criminals who he put away. I would have done the same thing..

definitely didnt feel sorry for John, in the Saw 3 ending when Amanda failed her test now that was actually sad
Journey95
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
25%

Previous

Return to SAW II