Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Sequel/Continuation Brainstorming Ideas

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Sequel/Continuation Brainstorming Ideas

Postby Faerie Tanith » February 12th, 2019, 1:52 am

Allycat wrote:
Faerie Tanith wrote:
DetectiveChan wrote:They need to just keep going where Saw 7 left off. Show what happened with Hoffman in the bathroom, what did Gordon do next after that! Did Eleanor find the house and find the way to the bathroom (since she had the saw blade) they could do a lot of better things. Keep it dark and grimey like the old days.

I reckon that's what most people want to see.

Love that idea.
Would love if they worked Eleanor into finding Hoffman.

That made me wonder- instead of my theory about Lawrence being the one to have found Eleanor at the end of Jigsaw, what if it was Hoffman? :smoke:
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young

Instagram Twitter Arbonne
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Suicidal

Postby Allycat » February 12th, 2019, 3:26 am

Faerie Tanith wrote:
Love that idea.
Would love if they worked Eleanor into finding Hoffman.

That made me wonder- instead of my theory about Lawrence being the one to have found Eleanor at the end of Jigsaw, what if it was Hoffman? :smoke:[/quote]

Yes!! I wonder about that too...
Team Hoffman

Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
54.1%

Mood: Flirty

Postby Vinc360 » February 12th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Thinking about it in business terms, I can say for sure both Costas and Cary wanted to come back for Jigsaw. They were both willing. But they made the decision not to include old characters beyond John.

For Saw IX, I was told they have the same thought process. But the writers very much want to include old characters (much to my personal dismay, if I'm honest). That said, if production were to change their minds, I actually think Cary would be more likely to return than Costas if both were still willing. Becaise I thimk there is actually more awareness of Gordon in cultural conciousness than there is of Hoffman.

If one must return though, I hope it'd be Hoffman. As tired as I am of apprentices (sigh.), at least his involvement with Jigsaw was somewhat explained, whereas it is pure nonsense for Gordon.

But last I heard, Twisted doesn't even consider Saw 3D to be canon. The movie is generally seen as a misstep (and at this stage, so is Jigsaw to a lesser extent)

I just don't get why, after the lesson they took from Jigsaw ended up being Logan was a mistake, they seem to be replacing him with another Hoffman-like apprentice dude in the next one. But that's another story.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » February 12th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Vinc360 wrote:I just don't get why, after the lesson they took from Jigsaw ended up being Logan was a mistake, they seem to be replacing him with another Hoffman-like apprentice dude in the next one. But that's another story.

Am I misinterpreting this or are you saying there'll be a fifth apprentice in 9?
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
53.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » February 13th, 2019, 2:33 am

That is what I'm hearing, yes. I'm not thrilled about it.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

Postby Albert-Wesker » February 13th, 2019, 4:00 am

Seriously?

Having Logan as an apprentice was already a mistake but they want to do the same thing again?
If they do this, I'm done. I don't think I will watch any further movies.

Bringing in Logan was dumb when they could have made a completely new killer or used Gordon instead if they wanted an apprentice.

But now doing the same twist again is beyond stupid. I mean, either make a sequel to Jigsaw or a Saw VIII or a complete reboot with a new, unrelated killer or even a prequel with John as the killer again.
If they do another apprentice, I think I will quite watching any of the movies from now on.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
43%

1 year of membership

Mood: Cool

Postby Vinc360 » February 13th, 2019, 6:21 am

We'll see how it turns out, I know things are still in flux and under discussion. There's also the possibility that I'm being misinformed, or that the telephone game is warping things. I sure hope so. Sadly if we take what I'm hearing as fact, and I have little reason not to, the apprentice thing isn't the only reused element from the sound of things. It's sounding almost like a do-over of Jigsaw in more ways than one.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

Postby ColeSmith777 » February 13th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Vinc360 wrote:We'll see how it turns out, I know things are still in flux and under discussion. There's also the possibility that I'm being misinformed, or that the telephone game is warping things. I sure hope so. Sadly if we take what I'm hearing as fact, and I have little reason not to, the apprentice thing isn't the only reused element from the sound of things. It's sounding almost like a do-over of Jigsaw in more ways than one.

So possibly another soft reboot, ignoring Jigsaw (or just Logan) almost, and introducing another apprentice? And the writers also want to include characters from the original series. Hmm. It sounds like they want to redo Jigsaw but a little more connected to the original series, and to weave within that storyline with this new apprentice. Ugh, it’s a stretch but whatever I’ll go with it. If they’re willing to take it seriously and focus on the aesthetic of the Wan/Bousman films then I’m down. It’s just a shame that this series - one that once prided itself on its ability to tell an intricate story - is now such a mess.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
80%

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Vinc360 » February 13th, 2019, 2:12 pm

The writers would have liked to bring back original characters but the production directive is to avoid it as much as possible. When I say it sounds like a redo of Jigsaw I just mean it sounds like it reuses insanely similar ideas. Basically, the surprises of this new movie sound thoroughly unsurprising and tired. Like, it sounds like another movie that suggests John is alive, with another timeline fakeout, and another Hoffman and Logan like apprentice revealed...
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

Postby Allycat » February 13th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Vinc360 wrote:The writers would have liked to bring back original characters but the production directive is to avoid it as much as possible. When I say it sounds like a redo of Jigsaw I just mean it sounds like it reuses insanely similar ideas. Basically, the surprises of this new movie sound thoroughly unsurprising and tired. Like, it sounds like another movie that suggests John is alive, with another timeline fakeout, and another Hoffman and Logan like apprentice revealed...

Oh wow... that sounds disappointing.
Team Hoffman

Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
54.1%

Mood: Flirty

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)