Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

What languages do you want to learn?

For international members to converse in their own language about the SAW franchise.

Re: What languages do you want to learn?

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 28th, 2018, 10:03 am

To those who learned another language. What was the easiest way to learn it? And how long did it take you to reach fluency? How long and how often did you practice?

I want to learn:
American Sign Language
Japanese
Greek
Italian

I feel like it may be a good idea to learn 2 languages at the same time so long as they are significantly different. So for instance, I feel like I should be able to learn sign language while also studying say Greek. After all, one is a visual language while the other is spoken. No way I can get those mixed up.

Then after that, perhaps learn Japanese and Latin at the same time.
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Mood: IDGAF

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm

VaCcAr0 wrote:To those who learned another language. What was the easiest way to learn it? And how long did it take you to reach fluency? How long and how often did you practice?

In my case it was being immersed in the language and the culture, and I just ended up picking it up. Fluency took roughly four-five years.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 30th, 2018, 6:07 am

If anyone is interested in learning American Sign Language. I'd be down for having Skype sessions. I'm trying to pick the language back up again and I figured having people to practice with would be a good idea.
I'm currently following along with the free lessons on lifeprint.com
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Mood: IDGAF

Postby Faerie Tanith » June 4th, 2018, 10:22 am

I've been considering learning ASL. It would have come in handy for my job loads of times.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Previous

Return to Foreign Language SAW Board