Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Best Recent Horror

Let's talk about Horror and other Horror movies.

Re: Best Recent Horror

Postby Seraphina » May 2nd, 2018, 9:22 pm

VaCcAr0 wrote:I have some more recommendations for you. These are all clown movies.
1. All Hallow's Eve (2013)
2. Terrifier (2016)

3. Clown (2014)

The first two I listed feature Art the Clown. If you weren't afraid of clowns before then you will be after watching these movies. He makes Pennywise look like Krusty the Clown. The movies are pretty sick and gory so you have to be in the right mood to watch them (not to say that the third movie on this list isn't also but these first two take it to a whole new level).
The third one is interesting. A guy puts on a clown costume and he can't take it off.
If you haven't seen these then definitely check them out.

As a matter of fact, I am terrified of clowns!! Lol. Thanks for the recommendations and I love how you color-coded your post to make it extra readable. Very cool. I'll check 'em out!
Reborn and stronger than ever
Seraphina
Victim

Rank experience:
40%

The Topic Starter
Mood: Lucky

Postby VaCcAr0 » May 3rd, 2018, 10:21 am

Indeed. And I felt that using colors was fitting when talking about clown movies.

But let me know what you think of the movies.
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Mood: IDGAF

Postby Seraphina » May 21st, 2018, 11:20 pm

Update: I've since watched a boatload of horror from the last decade and here are my top recommendations in no particular order.

Happy Death Day
The Devil's Candy
Last Shift
Before I Wake
Split
Beyond the Gates
Annabelle: Creation
The Babysitter
Reborn and stronger than ever
Seraphina
Victim

Rank experience:
40%

The Topic Starter
Mood: Lucky

Postby VaCcAr0 » May 21st, 2018, 11:46 pm

Oh yeah, Split. I like that one. Got the 4K blu-ray. Can't believe I forgot to suggest that one to you.
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Mood: IDGAF

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 27th, 2018, 8:46 pm

I've heard Hereditary is meant to be very good
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Previous

Return to Other Horror Stuff & Movies