Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Hoffman in the Bathroom

The traps come alive. Is it really the "Final Chapter"?

Re: Hoffman in the Bathroom

Postby Bobby » January 13th, 2011, 7:20 pm

VaCcAr0 wrote:Well yeah of course he is a murderer. What I meant was he usually gives people a chance to survive.

Yeah, that's what I refered to with: he's also a murderer in terms of his own logic. A lot of people really don't have a chance. All of the victims in Saw VI don't have a chance. They depend on William. And William depends on the kid and his mother. That's not a chance. They can't prove their will to survive. But that's exactly what John accused William of doing. Not giving people the chance to show their willingness to survive and live life. So what John did was not his holy "rehabilitation", but a silly "hah-hah!" (Nelson voice). And even that was just a disguise for Johns actual motive: Revenge. If it wasn't revenge, he wouldn't have picked exactly THIS insurance guy.

VaCcAr0 wrote:But I have since changed my opinion on the subject. I had posted elsewhere that even if Hoffman could somehow make it out (which would be especially difficult if he doesn't happen to have a flashlight like Eric Matthews did) then who is going to help him with his sawed-off foot? Nobody else is around, who is he going to go to? When Dr. Gordon got out, Jigsaw helped him. When Eric got out, the hooded person helped him.

So basically. Hoffman is just locked away in his own basement.

Yeah, I agree. I don't even think the ending is very "open". Just look at the evil smile of Dr. Gordon. I'm pretty sure he will make sure not to let Hoffman get away. :) It's interesting, though: In the original script, Gordon throws away the toilet lid pieces that Matthews broke his foot with as well, but I guess that was just cut due to duration reasons.
Bobby
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Amanda Rulez » January 14th, 2011, 6:10 am

I wish they added that part in as well of dr gordon throwing the toilet lid if they didn't add that in because of duration reasons that's stupid it would be just a few more seconds if they added that in I wish they at least made Saw 3D as long as Saw III.

Made by Amanda Fan

Did I bring John to you? Or did I bring your self-centered ass to him?
Amanda Rulez
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
35%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: Annoyed

Postby Kitty » April 5th, 2013, 3:06 pm

With nothin within reach to free himself, Hoffman will most likely die.
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Horrorfan86400 » April 12th, 2013, 4:04 am

It did kind of annoy me a bit when they didn't show if Hoffman died or lived. He probably did die since he has no flashlight or saw i'm not so sure about the toiled lid. That Eric Matthews used to escape. I didn't see it in there at the end of Saw 3D. Maybe Gordon took it out. Maybe Gordon somehow knows that Matthews used it to escape. Maybe Hoffman could smash his foot against the wall to break it. Or maybe gnaw his foot off I don't know. if Hoffman could escape that reverse bear trap then maybe he could escape that bathroom. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Saw 8 is ever announced.
Live or die! Make your choice!
Horrorfan86400
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
18%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Mood: Cool

Postby Mrs.Kramer » April 12th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Kitty wrote:With nothin within reach to free himself, Hoffman will most likely die.

maybe yes but he is hoffman - he always knows a way out :D ...although i hope he will die in the trap :lol:
You'd be suprised what tools can save a life.

My candle burns at both ends,
it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends
it gives a lovely light
Mrs.Kramer
Fix me!

Rank experience:
79.8%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Mood: High

Postby Dr. Gordon » April 14th, 2013, 4:57 am

Hoffman is ballsy as hell.. Just think bout everything hes done.. Remember seeing him get out of the jaw breaking trap Jill put him in?

Hoffman would get out.
"My Family Needs Me!.."
Team Gordon/Strahm
Dr. Gordon
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
31%

Postby Mrs.Kramer » April 14th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Dr. Gordon wrote:Hoffman is ballsy as hell.. Just think bout everything hes done.. Remember seeing him get out of the jaw breaking trap Jill put him in?

Hoffman would get out.

i think he would find a way out
You'd be suprised what tools can save a life.

My candle burns at both ends,
it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends
it gives a lovely light
Mrs.Kramer
Fix me!

Rank experience:
79.8%

Mood: High

Postby Kitty » April 18th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Mrs.Kramer wrote:
Dr. Gordon wrote:Hoffman is ballsy as hell.. Just think bout everything hes done.. Remember seeing him get out of the jaw breaking trap Jill put him in?

Hoffman would get out.

What with..?

Team Jigsaw
Kitty

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » April 20th, 2013, 11:11 am

Kitty wrote:
Mrs.Kramer wrote:

Hoffman would get out.

What with..?

All he really has to do is break his foot to get out like Matthews did, he could do this any number of ways. The pipe his chain was attached to would have aged and rusted a bit since the first movie, considering its in a damp, dark, delapodated bathroom, so he might be able to break it. He could use the broken glass from the mirror in some way, its a bathroom so there are hard tiles everywhere that he could use. If the taps on the bath are still working he has a source of water, food is his main problem. There are several other things that none of us have thought of yet.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

Postby Kitty » April 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

IKnowWhoYouAre - you have a point.

Team Jigsaw
Kitty

PreviousNext

Return to SAW 3D - The Final Chapter