Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Hoffman in the Bathroom

The traps come alive. Is it really the "Final Chapter"?

Hoffman in the Bathroom

Postby Amanda Rulez » January 3rd, 2011, 4:54 am

In my opinion I think hoffman won't be able to escape the bathroom considering he has no saw but I don't know about the toilet lid thingy that eric used did anyone see it in the bathroom? Even if it's there he's in the dark so it would be hard to find it. I think the gun is still there but it's a bit out of his reach and there isn't any bullets in it so that's useless. Even if he did find a way to escape out of the foot cuff there's a good chance that the door is locked, I'm pretty sure dr gordon is smart enough to lock it considering he's a surviver, he sawed of his foot then crawled out and cauterise his foot with the pipe thingy he's a smart guy so I'm sure he would have thought of locking it. I know amanda could have locked it when she trapped eric but she isn't that bright and I think she under estimated eric mathews but she's still my favourtie character. And out of all the traps that john could have asked gordon to use he chose to use the bathroom trap on hoffman john's a smart guy so I'm sure his plan won't fail. But in the will when he gave that RBT to jill I think he wanted jill to just test him but jill wanted the games to end so she didn't act as john wanted so she wanted hoffman dead but this time I think john definitely wants hoffman dead considering hoffman had so many chances to change and be a better person. What do you guys think? Sorry I know it's kind of long :D

Made by Amanda Fan

Did I bring John to you? Or did I bring your self-centered ass to him?
Amanda Rulez
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
35%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: Annoyed

Re: Hoffman in the Bathroom

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 4th, 2011, 6:24 am

If he had no way to get out then that would definitely make Gordon a murderer and in a sense Jigsaw as well since Jigsaw told Gordon to put Hoffman in that trap in the first place. As we all know, Jigsaw doesn't condone murder and he despises murderers. I think that it is possible for Hoffman to get out. The question is whether he did or didn't.
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Mood: IDGAF

Postby Amanda Rulez » January 4th, 2011, 9:23 am

Yeah I know that jigsaw hates murderers but would jigsaw let a guy like hoffman live his life considering hoffman is murderer and seriously messed up. John has given so many chances for hoffman to be a better a person and to appreciate his life more. Hoffman definitely didn't learn anything from his test and he keeps making the same mistakes again and again. Does a guy like hoffman really derserve to live and have another shot at life. I bet you if he does escapes he would go after gordon and kill him so hoffman will kill for revenge and proves that that he didn't learn anything from that test as well. I know murder is wrong but I believe he doesn't derseve another chance. :)

Made by Amanda Fan

Amanda Rulez
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
35%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 4th, 2011, 9:28 am

That's what you see, but what does he see?

If Hoffman gets out of the trap then he will have to break one of his feet then he can't do much of anything anymore anyway (at least not without help) Whether Jigsaw had intended for Hoffman to be killed or find a way out, Nobody is 100% sure. But I don't know if that door can even be locked. I'll have to look at the door more carefully next time.

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Amanda Rulez » January 4th, 2011, 9:37 am

Thanks for your opinion, I think the door can be locked because I remember in Saw 1 you can kind of hear zepp unlocking the door than opening it to enter the bathroom. And you know how dr gordon is chained near the door and he said to adam that he can reach it so he tried to open it but he couldn't so I would assume it was locked, unless you have to push it harder or something.

Made by Amanda Fan

Amanda Rulez
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
35%

The Topic Starter

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 4th, 2011, 9:44 am

That's an interesting point. I'll have to go back to the end of Saw 3D and see if I hear the same clicking locking noise after Gordon shut the door.

(by the way, did you check your PM Inbox?)

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

Postby Amanda Rulez » January 4th, 2011, 9:55 am

I couldn't hear any noises at the end that could indicate a clicking or a locking noise but I guess if they don't make a saw 8 will we never know unless someone could ask any of the producers, director or the storywriters and the main cast to found out hoffmans fate.

Yeah I did check my PM inbox

Made by Amanda Fan

Amanda Rulez
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
35%

The Topic Starter

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 4th, 2011, 9:59 am

Amanda Rulez wrote:Yeah I did check my PM inbox

It's your word. I sent words to different users to form a sentence. Post your word in this thread and the first to come up with the sentence wins and gets to go next.

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

Postby Bobby » January 13th, 2011, 5:16 pm

VaCcAr0 wrote:If he had no way to get out then that would definitely make Gordon a murderer and in a sense Jigsaw as well since Jigsaw told Gordon to put Hoffman in that trap in the first place. As we all know, Jigsaw doesn't condone murder and he despises murderers. I think that it is possible for Hoffman to get out. The question is whether he did or didn't.

Hey VaCcAr0,

Jigsaw is a murderer ever since and I don't know how you got the impression that he isn't? I mean, let's have a look at Saw VI. He puts 6 people, of which 4 will die, in the carousel trap. It doesn't matter that you don't know who will die. I mean, the terrorists on 9/11 didn't exactly know who they were killing as well. Some people survived, so there was a chance for them. Does that make them murderers any less? Never.

It kind of puzzles me that you need the end of the last Saw film to realize that John Kramer is a murderer. I consider his survivable traps as murder as well, but even if I wouldn't: There are dozens of games where at least one person HAS to die, and that is, by Jigsaw's own definition, murder.
Bobby
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 13th, 2011, 6:54 pm

Well yeah of course he is a murderer. What I meant was he usually gives people a chance to survive.

But I have since changed my opinion on the subject. I had posted elsewhere that even if Hoffman could somehow make it out (which would be especially difficult if he doesn't happen to have a flashlight like Eric Matthews did) then who is going to help him with his sawed-off foot? Nobody else is around, who is he going to go to? When Dr. Gordon got out, Jigsaw helped him. When Eric got out, the hooded person helped him.

So basically. Hoffman is just locked away in his own basement.

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

Next

Return to SAW 3D - The Final Chapter