Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Rate SAW 3D

The traps come alive. Is it really the "Final Chapter"?

Rate SAW 3D

13%
15%
8%
23%
18%
5%
8%
No votes
5%
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Rate SAW 3D

Postby HeHelpedMe » November 15th, 2012, 3:21 pm

But the thing is, this wasn't a good movie, nor was it a good entry in a horror film series. ESPECIALLY considering it's the "final chapter".
And I honestly don't remember there being any humor in this either, I didn't find anything even remotely humorous, same with the rest of the movies. (if you tell me the Public Trap was supposed to be funny I'm gonna smack you)

PS. I agree, I have no idea what everybody's problem with Saw V was, honestly.
HeHelpedMe
Victim

Rank experience:
86.5%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Mood: Twisted

Postby Bobby » November 15th, 2012, 7:32 pm

HeHelpedMe wrote:But the thing is, this wasn't a good movie, nor was it a good entry in a horror film series. ESPECIALLY considering it's the "final chapter".
And I honestly don't remember there being any humor in this either, I didn't find anything even remotely humorous, same with the rest of the movies. (if you tell me the Public Trap was supposed to be funny I'm gonna smack you)

PS. I agree, I have no idea what everybody's problem with Saw V was, honestly.

Well, it is your valid opinion that this is not a good movie, but saying the other Saw movies are good, especially Saw VI, but this one is bad, just doesn't make any sense at all. They're not that far apart. People claiming that Saw VI is the best Saw sequel and Saw 3D is one of the worst movies ever are just plain ridiculous. Oh and "ESPECIALLY considering it's the final chapter" is not an argument.

"I'm gonna smack you" is very charming, that proves again what lovely, lovely people the Saw 3D haters are. The humour I was talking about was mainly Gibson and some other things. Speaking of Gibson: Criticising bringing a new character in is pretty ridiculous as well. Lots of people say the movie would be much better if it had more of the older characters in it. That's not an argument for judging the quality of a film.
Bobby
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby HeHelpedMe » November 16th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Oh and "ESPECIALLY considering it's the final chapter" is not an argument.

Yes it is. It was marketed as a "mindblowing finale that's going to tie all of the loose ends". Oh.
What we got was a rushed mess that introduced way too many new characters, which is bad in this case since Saw already had plenty of characters that needed their closure and the film mostly relied on the 3D gimmick (which was fine, but nothing spectacular).

As I said, I don't HATE the movie, I just don't like it. If you compare it to it's predecessors or even VI only, yeah it's bad. But I could never really hate a Saw movie. Some parts of the movie I did highly dislike though, like the Love Triangle, for example.

Bobby wrote:that proves again what lovely, lovely people the Saw 3D haters are.

Which are like, the 80% of the fanbase and the general audience.
Last edited by HeHelpedMe on November 16th, 2012, 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HeHelpedMe
Victim

Rank experience:
86.5%

Mood: Twisted

Postby GnrlGothic » November 16th, 2012, 7:33 pm

I don't hate SAW 3D, but I have to admit that it is a disappointing finale of such an amazing franchise. It is a good movie, yes, but it isn't good enough to be the conlusion of the series!

That's just my opinion.

Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me to control the chaos.
GnrlGothic
Tools Save Life

Rank experience:
49.6%

Mood: Devilish

Postby Mrs.Kramer » January 12th, 2013, 4:28 pm

i voted 9 and if i would rate the movies from best to worst it would be like that :

SAW III
SAW 3D
SAW II
SAW
SAW VI
SAW IV
SAW V
You'd be suprised what tools can save a life.

My candle burns at both ends,
it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends
it gives a lovely light
Mrs.Kramer
Fix me!

Rank experience:
79.8%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Mood: High

Postby Baby Firefly » November 8th, 2013, 12:50 am

6/10

While it's my least favorite of the series, I'm still able to have fun with it and there's never a dull moment.
Baby Firefly
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
10%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Kitty » November 8th, 2013, 12:56 am

I must be the only one who likes it! :D
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby ItsNeverOver » August 1st, 2016, 2:10 am

i gave it 10 and would rank the saw movies like this...

SAW VI
SAW 3D
SAW IV
SAW
SAW II
SAW V
SAW III
ItsNeverOver
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
35%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 9th, 2016, 10:27 pm

That's a hard decision for me. For the movie itself I would definitely give a 10. It was a great final in my opinion, having interesting characters, a great soundtrack, cool traps and it was a good continuation of the story.

However the reason I hesitate to give it the full 10 and instead think about giving it only 9 points is the Public Trap. Now I've seen the movie with the audio commentary and therefore I know that Brad and Ryan are supposed to be the two Pig Heads helping Dr. Gordon to abduct Hoffman. However the average fan who's only interested in the movie itself would have no chance to know this by just watching the film and therefore this trap seems like it was there without any purpose other than having a trap scene in the public. Without the knowledge of Brad and Ryan's involvement in Hoffman's abduction this scene didn't have the slightest impact on the story and therefore it feels like this trap was really only included just for the sake of showing a unique new trap. Up to this point most traps (besides some of the booby traps) or test subjects had at least some impact on the story. Don't get me wrong, I like the trap itself but the lack of any impact of the trap or any of the three characters on the overall story kind of bugged me.

If in SAW 8 we finally see on screen that Brad and Ryan are actually the two Pig Heads or if they're given another role that actually effects the story in the slightest way and you could remotely say that SAW 7 was just their introduction than I'd gladly give it a 10. Even a mention by Gordon or someone else regarding their involvement in the abduction would be enough for the 10 rating. However right now I'd give it a good 9. I'll wait until SAW 8 and then may come back and finally give my vote but right now I'd like to leave it open until I make my decision.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » August 10th, 2016, 6:10 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:
However the reason I hesitate to give it the full 10 and instead think about giving it only 9 points is the Public Trap. Now I've seen the movie with the audio commentary and therefore I know that Brad and Ryan are supposed to be the two Pig Heads helping Dr. Gordon to abduct Hoffman. However the average fan who's only interested in the movie itself would have no chance to know this by just watching the film and therefore this trap seems like it was there without any purpose other than having a trap scene in the public. Without the knowledge of Brad and Ryan's involvement in Hoffman's abduction this scene didn't have the slightest impact on the story and therefore it feels like this trap was really only included just for the sake of showing a unique new trap. Up to this point most traps (besides some of the booby traps) or test subjects had at least some impact on the story. Don't get me wrong, I like the trap itself but the lack of any impact of the trap or any of the three characters on the overall story kind of bugged me.

The public trap was originally going to be more elaborate, a crane was going to pull a big sheet off the display, the victims would have clothes/makeup like billy the puppet and there was going to be a sign on the window that said 'don't tap on the glass' and when the girl tried to break the glass with her suitcase it was going to set off a shotgun mounted to the glass and kill her and (as we discussed on another topic) after the trap the camera was supposed to pan through the crowd and show Jigsaw standing in the crowd. There was also a time when they were toying with the idea of having Bobby's final test as a public style trap so that his lies would be made public, I'm not 100% sure but I think this was a suggestion by Kevin Gruetert but the original idea of the public trap was so far along in the process that they didn't have the time or money to change it (for thos who don't remember the producers decided they wanted Kevin to direct just days before filming started otherwise the film could've turned out very differently).

I think because it was mentioned ONLY in the commentary that brad and ryan were Gordon's apprentices, it means this could be completely changed if the writers decide to go down that road, I think, one of the commentaries on one of the early films stated that Gordon wasn't the one that put the key behind the eye and even that Gordon was dead, so we should never accept commentaries as 100% truth at first. If they hadn't shown Adam's death scene in Saw III I think it would've been awesome to see Adam as one of the pigmasks at the end of Saw 3d, and that the body in the bathroom was actually Tapp's.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW 3D - The Final Chapter