Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Jill Tuck's death

The traps come alive. Is it really the "Final Chapter"?

Re: Jill Tuck's death

Postby Valkarius » May 23rd, 2013, 11:32 am

i still believe well, even if she didn't put the RBT on Hoffman. Hoffman would have killed her for possibly knowing the stuff John had on him. John would have at least told her what Hoffman did. And Hoffman would have killed her anyhow to keep his past a secret.

Okay, i know this is sort of off topic. i was curious, was Jill written to die so easily? Or was it just time consideration?

Was that Hoffman who put the trap on Amanda in SAW? Because if not, and Dr. G had really made it in time. i was curious if he would be able to without scarring Jill's face. Like how Hoffman had to stitch himself.
R.I.P. Jill Tuck (Betsy Russell) Gone but never forgotten.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur28649741/boards/profile/
House of Flying Fists: http:/thehouseofff.proboards.com/index.cgi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kain_Pendragon
http://womenofdarkness.freeforums.net/

Team Jill: Her white knight, protagonist to her an antagonist to all whom threaten her.
Valkarius
Asian Knight

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: Zen

Postby Kitty » May 23rd, 2013, 11:56 am

Valkarius wrote:i still believe well, even if she didn't put the RBT on Hoffman. Hoffman would have killed her for possibly knowing the stuff John had on him. John would have at least told her what Hoffman did. And Hoffman would have killed her anyhow to keep his past a secret.

Okay, i know this is sort of off topic. i was curious, was Jill written to die so easily? Or was it just time consideration?

Was that Hoffman who put the trap on Amanda in SAW? Because if not, and Dr. G had really made it in time. i was curious if he would be able to without scarring Jill's face. Like how Hoffman had to stitch himself.

I think you're right about Hoffman killing Jill for knowing all John's information. Maybe that's why she went to the FBI to try to point them Hoffman's direction.

I'm not sure about Jill's quick death: it's possible Hoffman wanted to get it over and done with as opposed to him suffering when Jill put the RBT on him...

This is only my speculation. :)

I watched one of the SAW movies recently, and it showed John putting the trap on Amanda. There was a montage of him setting things up, including arranging Amanda's dealer's body on the floor, painting that huge '?' on his stomach.
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Saw3DTV » May 27th, 2013, 7:28 pm

I agree that Jill shouldn't have died. I always thought that she would be the last one standing. Anyways I was lucky enough to purchase the script for Saw 3D back in December 2010. I read all of it and Jill had a few other scenes written. One impaticular that stood out was that after she had the dream of Hoffman killing her, it showed the morning after in which she had armed guards outside of her apartment like 24/7 (this explains why she was home) and one of them gave her some groceries and some mail. In the mail there was a package that contained photos of her in the house or something like that and she knew that Hoffman was watching her. Then some commotion happened outside of the apartment I think and she ended up getting transfered to the safe house. She also had some dialouge with Hoffman just before he put the RBT on her. She said "You're killing yourself and he said "You got that backwards". I think that Jill knew that if Hoffman killed her then Dr. G was gonna avenge her death :oh: I'll have a read through the script again and see if there's anything else that wasn't included in the film :D
"I'm only carrying out John's final request" - Jill Tuck (Saw VI)
Saw3DTV
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
1%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Kitty » May 27th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Saw3DTV wrote:I agree that Jill shouldn't have died. I always thought that she would be the last one standing. Anyways I was lucky enough to purchase the script for Saw 3D back in December 2010. I read all of it and Jill had a few other scenes written. One impaticular that stood out was that after she had the dream of Hoffman killing her, it showed the morning after in which she had armed guards outside of her apartment like 24/7 (this explains why she was home) and one of them gave her some groceries and some mail. In the mail there was a package that contained photos of her in the house or something like that and she knew that Hoffman was watching her. Then some commotion happened outside of the apartment I think and she ended up getting transfered to the safe house. She also had some dialouge with Hoffman just before he put the RBT on her. She said "You're killing yourself and he said "You got that backwards". I think that Jill knew that if Hoffman killed her then Dr. G was gonna avenge her death :oh: I'll have a read through the script again and see if there's anything else that wasn't included in the film :D

That's really fascinating to read about that! :cool: :cool:
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Mortara » July 26th, 2016, 9:55 am

I hope I'm not gonna make enemies or start a war by saying that I'm glad she died. And I'm glad it happened the way it did.
The only thing that makes me unhappy about her death is that it cost Hoffman his freedom and (probably) life. But I guess it was worth it. And inevitable.

To all Jill's fans: please don't take it personally, I didn't mean to offend you or to destroy your mood :]
Hello!
I am a non-native english speaker and fully aware of how bad my english is. So please don't get mad while reading my posts :)
And I would very much appreciate you to rub my nose in my mistakes.
Thanks for reading.
Mortara
Victim

Rank experience:
19.5%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 26th, 2016, 10:16 am

The death of Jill Tuck was the only one that ever managed to surprise me in the series. And I kind of felt bad for her. She always seemed to be a good person to me as she really wanted to help the people in her clinic and I felt sorry for her because of Gideon's death and how it affected her relationship with John. But on the other hand I can also completely understand why Hoffman killed her. If I was put in such a trap and just barely survived by ripping apart half of my face I would be mad as well, that's for sure.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

Postby Valkarius » August 5th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Mortara wrote:I hope I'm not gonna make enemies or start a war by saying that I'm glad she died. And I'm glad it happened the way it did.
The only thing that makes me unhappy about her death is that it cost Hoffman his freedom and (probably) life. But I guess it was worth it. And inevitable.

To all Jill's fans: please don't take it personally, I didn't mean to offend you or to destroy your mood :]

Everyone has a character they loved and hated my friend. I'm pretty sure any Jill Tuck fan won't give you an evil glare. As this thread was created mostly based on opinion and thoughts.
R.I.P. Jill Tuck (Betsy Russell) Gone but never forgotten.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur28649741/boards/profile/
House of Flying Fists: http:/thehouseofff.proboards.com/index.cgi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kain_Pendragon
http://womenofdarkness.freeforums.net/

Team Jill: Her white knight, protagonist to her an antagonist to all whom threaten her.
Valkarius
Asian Knight

The Topic Starter
Mood: Zen

Postby JamieTheLost1 » September 16th, 2016, 1:30 am

It was stated somewhere I believe, perhaps in the original script? that Jill Tuck was meant to Give Hoffman a key for the Reverse Bear Trap 2.0 as requested by John to test Hoffman's survival. Whether it was the same key that she used for the box that she received from John's will with the Reverse Bear Trap in or if it was a different one entirely, perhaps inside the envelopes she also received in the same box as the RBT as part of John's will. If she had given him a key, perhaps he would of considered not killing her? Or perhaps he would anyways because of how pissed off he was. Interesting stuff nonetheless. Btw, I'm new here, hi everyone! :D
"I don't think so" Doctor Lawrence Gordon to Mark Hoffman in the Bathroom where Lawrence was once tested by Jigsaw (Saw 3D)
JamieTheLost1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
15%

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » September 16th, 2016, 3:35 am

You are correct. In the original script Jill dangled a key in front of Hoffman and said something like 'no' or something similar to what Gordon said at the end of Saw 3D.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby JamieTheLost1 » September 16th, 2016, 6:20 pm

I thought it might of been from the original script, thanks for confirming that. I think It would of made it more interesting if that scene was included in the theatrical release. Kinda reminds me of that other scene that was in the original script for Saw 3D where Doctor Gordon enters the bathroom and kicks away the bathroom tank lid and then the hacksaw but the producers said it got in the way of the scene too much. I would say, not really because he still throws the hacksaw away but the tank lid is nowhere to be seen, does that mean Brad and Ryan, the two other pigmask helpers, removed it beforehand? or is that just an oversight by the producers? If so and it was removed, why didn't Brad and Ryan remove the Hacksaw as well to save Gordon a trip back there? Unless it was to piss Hoffman off to make him think he had a chance if so, whoops! :lol:
"I don't think so" Doctor Lawrence Gordon to Mark Hoffman in the Bathroom where Lawrence was once tested by Jigsaw (Saw 3D)
JamieTheLost1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
15%

Previous

Return to SAW 3D - The Final Chapter