Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Hoffman or Jigsaw?

The traps come alive. Is it really the "Final Chapter"?

Hoffman or Jigsaw?

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 9th, 2016, 2:27 pm

In some versions of the seventh movie, especially in the german version, you can clearly hear that it's Hoffman's voice giving the instructions to the victims in both the Public Trap and the Car Trap. However in the original american version it sounds more like John. Now I'd like to know if anyone of you knows for sure who recorded these two tapes. Maybe someone on this board even has a copy of the official script which could answer my question.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Hoffman or Jigsaw?

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » August 9th, 2016, 3:32 pm

I know the Public Trap was definitely Jigsaw because after the trap was over the camera was supposed to pan through the crowd to show Jigsaw standing in the crowd (then during the climax of the film the camera was going to show Dr Gordon standing next to Jigsaw, as it was the first trap they worked on together), this was cut from the movie because of scheduling conflicts, from memory, they couldn't shoot the two actors on location together so they left it out of the film. I would assume the car trap tape is Hoffman, the car trap takes place a few months after the first few scenes of the film (which is why Hoffman's facial injury has healed a lot), by then, the authorities already knew who he was so he wouldn't care if they got a hold of the tape and analyzed it to find his voice.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 9th, 2016, 10:14 pm

IKnowWhoYouAre wrote:I know the Public Trap was definitely Jigsaw because after the trap was over the camera was supposed to pan through the crowd to show Jigsaw standing in the crowd (then during the climax of the film the camera was going to show Dr Gordon standing next to Jigsaw, as it was the first trap they worked on together), this was cut from the movie because of scheduling conflicts.

Do we know ifpart about Gordon is still official even though it wasn't shown in the movie? Since there were other things that were also erased from the final script and were filmed in a different way than they were originally planned.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » August 10th, 2016, 5:59 am

I would still argue that it is. The public trap essentially opens the film, we then see a recap of the end of Saw VI and then Hoffman stumbles back to his lair, fixes himself up and immediately he grabs files on Bobby Dagen and spends the next few months setting everything up so he can start a new game and get to Jill, so we know the trap wasn't done between the events of Saw VI and Saw 3d. So, did Hoffman do the trap earlier in the timeline? Again, I'd say definately not, the thing is, almost all of the games Hoffman took part in he did reluctantly, he was trying to pay his dues to Jigsaw and keep his identity secret so he could eventually escape (which he tried to do at the end of Saw 3d). Seth's game, Jeff's game, Rigg's game, The fatal five, the pound of flesh trap, Williams game, the car trap + Bobby's game were all one of two things: Games to help him get revenge on someone or games that helped to lead authorities away from him and set up other people like Strahm. Hoffman wouldn't do something random like the public trap that didn't serve his needs or where the people had no connection or purpose to him, not to mention how risky setting up a trap in public would be when he is trying to remain anonymous. I also noticed that in the survivor group that brad and ryan from the public trap look a little different, it's not exactly proof but I think their hair and look for that scene were intentionally made different to show that a lot of time had passed since the public trap. The only possibility is that Jigsaw and Hoffman worked on the public trap together and then, it would've been Jigsaw's voice on the tape to protect Hoffman's involvement.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby efrens9177@gmail.com » December 14th, 2017, 1:21 am

wow, I just learned so much.
efrens9177@gmail.com
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
18%

1 year of membership

Postby Kitty » September 11th, 2018, 12:14 pm

I can't work out which one did which tape in all of them.
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Faerie Tanith » September 21st, 2018, 12:57 pm

I've never heard any difference in the tape voice, except for the first movie where Jigsaw's voice sounded even more distorted, and of course Hoffman's Saw V tape to Strahm.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Annoyed

Return to SAW 3D - The Final Chapter