Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Hoffman in the Bathroom

The traps come alive. Is it really the "Final Chapter"?

Re: Hoffman in the Bathroom

Postby JamieTheLost1 » September 18th, 2016, 10:02 pm

The Bathroom was never relocked after the original Saw. You can see this at the end of Saw II when Eric Matthews reach's the Bathroom when looking for his son and the Bathroom door is shut, it's not locked otherwise he wouldn't of been able to get in, in the next scene. Eric escapes in Saw III so the door isn't locked and so I doubt Gordon would lock it when he chained up Hoffman there as he probably either knows Hoffman can't escape or he is giving him another chance to but it will be painful but then saying that, Doctor Gordon has showed his face to Hoffman and Hoffman may know who he is judging from his reaction to Gordon when he was ambushed upon fleeing his hideout, "What the fuck?" So who knows? Perhaps this storyline will be continued in Saw 8 or perhaps it will be a new plot with new characters which is more then likely and this storyline will get buried in the past unfortunately :sad4:
"I don't think so" Doctor Lawrence Gordon to Mark Hoffman in the Bathroom where Lawrence was once tested by Jigsaw (Saw 3D)
JamieTheLost1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
15%

1 year of membership

Postby DrGordon'sRedemption » September 19th, 2016, 6:03 am

Although some people may want a whole new story line regarding different characters and such, I'm praying to God that doesn't actually happen. There was way too many gaps as to why Gordon agreed to help John. Although past speculation provided some reasonable results, I'd still like to see what really happened in regards to that because there was just too much that was left unsaid. I'd also like to see Gordon continue on with the games given the way he acted in Saw 7 (SUPER CREEPY) and because I think John trusted him the most during the time that Gordon worked with him (hence why he asked him to watch over Jill). And as I've stated in another discussion on here, I think that one last final showdown between him and Hoffman (if they decide that he's still alive) would bring the series to an epic close

"Most people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you, not anymore..."
DrGordon'sRedemption
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
8.5%

1 year of membership

Mood: Happy

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » September 21st, 2016, 12:45 am

DrGordon'sRedemption wrote:Although some people may want a whole new story line regarding different characters and such, I'm praying to God that doesn't actually happen. There was way too many gaps as to why Gordon agreed to help John. Although past speculation provided some reasonable results, I'd still like to see what really happened in regards to that because there was just too much that was left unsaid. I'd also like to see Gordon continue on with the games given the way he acted in Saw 7 (SUPER CREEPY) and because I think John trusted him the most during the time that Gordon worked with him (hence why he asked him to watch over Jill). And as I've stated in another discussion on here, I think that one last final showdown between him and Hoffman (if they decide that he's still alive) would bring the series to an epic close

I also hope we'll see some the old characters again so it actually feels like a sequel and not a reboot especially since you're right about Gordon, but the I'd also like the film to answer some of the other open questions like his relationship with the other two Pig Heads or some backround information about other members of Bobby's group.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby DrGordon'sRedemption » September 21st, 2016, 2:02 am

Yeah me too, I always wondered how and why Gordon recruited them for that job. If Gordon is the next Jigsaw, then it'd be interesting to see if he'd keep them as his accomplices or not. They seem willing to follow him already so it could work. And yes, more info on the others would be nice also

DrGordon'sRedemption
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
8.5%

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » September 21st, 2016, 3:01 am

I agree. I can understand that the producers and writers always wanted to leave some questions unanswered and let the fans speculate how and why certain things happened and sometimes that is actually a great idea. However in my opinion the SAW series has become some kind of a puzzle on its own. It's all the same, coherent story and with each film so far we always got some new pieces of the puzzle everytime which made the story more clear. Now if you start a puzzle it's only natural that at some point you want to see the overall picture which is why I think that more clarity on events and characters from the past should be one of the main aspects the plot should focus on.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby DrGordon'sRedemption » September 23rd, 2016, 8:00 am

Yes I agree with you about all of that. I'm hoping they'll reveal a little bit of the plot soon, I'm dying to know what route they plan on taking Saw Legacy to

DrGordon'sRedemption
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
8.5%

1 year of membership

Postby JamieTheLost1 » September 23rd, 2016, 10:20 am

DrGordon'sRedemption wrote:Yes I agree with you about all of that. I'm hoping they'll reveal a little bit of the plot soon, I'm dying to know what route they plan on taking Saw Legacy to

Yeah I'm starting to get a tad curious as well as to what route they are going to take. Will they pick up where events left off from Saw VII? Or will there be a new plot and cast? The second option seems more likely due to new writers and producers coming in with James and Leigh serving as executive producers apparently so we'll see but I'd love for them to pick up where they left off in 7 and perhaps have a opening scene similar to Saw III where it showed Eric Matthews escaping the Bathroom by breaking his foot except this time of course it would be Mark Hoffman trying to escape with something as it seems a waste to just kill him off outright while Doctor Gordon is still around as cold and calculating as ever. He was super creepy in Saw VII and looked like he had come off worse after his test as his wife divorced him due to his new and unstable mindset. Hoffman should challenge him or taunt him because he escaped somehow and Doctor Gordon becomes shocked due to his escape or something and then something big happens perhaps? Just a thought.
"I don't think so" Doctor Lawrence Gordon to Mark Hoffman in the Bathroom where Lawrence was once tested by Jigsaw (Saw 3D)
JamieTheLost1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
15%

1 year of membership

Postby DrGordon'sRedemption » September 23rd, 2016, 5:56 pm

Yeah I'm hoping Lawrence becomes the new Jigsaw so that's partly why I'm hoping they aren't going with a completely different story line with new characters. And I think it would be interesting if Hoffman did somehow escape (even though he's been pronounced "dead", but they can always change that if they wanted to lol). They've been filming for about a week now I think so there should be more news about the movie hopefully very soon

DrGordon'sRedemption
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
8.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Tais Hoffman » November 15th, 2017, 2:26 am

I think he is dead. He was locked in that room and I think there's no way he could have survived. On SAW Wiki, they say he died and the cause was "likely dehydration or starvation".
And, you know, I do love Mark Hoffman, he's my favorite character, but I hope he is dead. His story in SAW franchise needs an end and I think it ended in SAW 3D.
"Fool me once, shame you; Fool me twice, shame on me"

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
31%

Mood: Adventurous

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 17th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Tais Hoffman wrote:I think he is dead. He was locked in that room and I think there's no way he could have survived. On SAW Wiki, they say he died and the cause was "likely dehydration or starvation".
And, you know, I do love Mark Hoffman, he's my favorite character, but I hope he is dead. His story in SAW franchise needs an end and I think it ended in SAW 3D.

My sentiments exactly. He's my favourite, and I love him, but him being alive wouldn't make any sense now. His time is up.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
3%

Mood: Invisible

Previous

Return to SAW 3D - The Final Chapter