Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

I need to vent...

...for casual conversation, small talk.

Re: I need to vent...

Postby xchangminniex » September 19th, 2011, 3:51 am

I'm a girl, and I agree. This world really is sexist against men.

How lame is that?

I understand the reasoning behind some things, but most of the time, I say: Ok, well, reverse the situation. Now how does it look.

If a group of men check out a girl that walks by, they are noted as horrible pigs, creeps, pervs, and disgusting, dirty-minded animals.

If a group of girls check out a man that walks by, they are noted as being cute, flirty, playful, outgoing, etc.

Also, woman way back when worked really hard for dignity and respect for females, but today's females take advantage of that and then get mad.

For example, if a woman walks around with a shirt that reveals all of her chest, how on earth can she call the men that look at her perverted?

Or note that a female can expose some skin or do some dirty tasks and get a better job and they are simply called skimpy or somewhat slutty. But the man that hired her for her sexual appeal is viewed as an awful pig. Seriously?
Image
User avatar
xchangminniex
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
31.5%
 
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
 
Posts: 363
Points: 488.00
Location: My bed.
Gender: Female
Mood: Excited

Re: I need to vent...

Postby VaCcAr0 » October 6th, 2013, 9:59 am

Thank you Maranda. I'm glad you question "what if the situation was reversed?" Not many people do. And it's the double standards that I really take issue with. Just some consistency would be nice. If it's okay to do to one sex then it should be okay for the other OR if it's not okay for one sex then it shouldn't be for the other either.

Anyway...I want to vent a little bit about a certain Hermione Granger character from the Harry Potter books. She's all for liberating house-elfs because she doesn't like how they are treated as slaves. Now, there was a time when I was on her side with that. I felt the same way she did. However, once I learned that House elves actually like to work for others and HATE freedom, then I realized that Hermione is doing more harm than good by trying to free them and is insulting them by trying to pay them for their work.
Now here's the thing that really bothers me. She knows that Hogwarts trusts girls more than boys and that girls can go into the boys' dorms as they please but if boys try to go into the girls' dorms then the stairs will turn into a slide. Yet, she thinks nothing of this at all. It's just business as usual to her. Why isn't she outraged over this kind of injustice? She's more worried about house-elves working for nothing, (even though they like to do that) than she is about blatant sexism at the very school she attends.
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0


Image
User avatar
VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
 
Posts: 35951
Points: 29,090.00
Location: Chained to a pipe
Gender: Male
Mood: OK

Re: I need to vent...

Postby zZUndeadOdysseyZz » April 20th, 2017, 6:26 am

I hate that nowadays, everything is considered racist. If you say one bad thing about a person of color, you're considered racist, but if they say something bad about a white person, then it's not racist. It just pisses me off.
Oh Yes, There Will Be Blood

Team Jigsaw
Team Hoffman
User avatar
zZUndeadOdysseyZz
Lil' Hoffy Bunny

 
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
 
Posts: 2661
Points: 2,321.00
Location: I don't f***in' know
Gender: Female
Mood: Depressed

Re: I need to vent...

Postby VaCcAr0 » April 21st, 2017, 1:40 am

zZUndeadOdysseyZz wrote:I hate that nowadays, everything is considered racist. If you say one bad thing about a person of color, you're considered racist, but if they say something bad about a white person, then it's not racist. It just pisses me off.

I know exactly how you feel. It's an insult to injury. Not only are whites the only race that is considered okay to be racist against, but to top it off, you constantly hear "it's impossible to be racist to white people" I'd like to think that more people are waking up to these double standards.

I notice that you said "person of color". That reminds me. Ever notice how "person of color" is fine but "colored person" is politically incorrect. But other than the order of the words, what's the difference?
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0


Image
User avatar
VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
 
Posts: 35951
Points: 29,090.00
Location: Chained to a pipe
Gender: Male
Mood: OK

Re: I need to vent...

Postby zZUndeadOdysseyZz » May 28th, 2017, 11:47 am

VaCcAr0 wrote:
zZUndeadOdysseyZz wrote:I hate that nowadays, everything is considered racist. If you say one bad thing about a person of color, you're considered racist, but if they say something bad about a white person, then it's not racist. It just pisses me off.

I know exactly how you feel. It's an insult to injury. Not only are whites the only race that is considered okay to be racist against, but to top it off, you constantly hear "it's impossible to be racist to white people" I'd like to think that more people are waking up to these double standards.

I notice that you said "person of color". That reminds me. Ever notice how "person of color" is fine but "colored person" is politically incorrect. But other than the order of the words, what's the difference?


I use the term "person of color" because I've actually been bullied for using the "politically incorrect" term. I get so mad when someone says "racism against whites doesn't exist", do they have any idea how stupid they sound? I've noticed that people of a different race are always treated like they're better than white people. They seem to always get a leg up and the best of everything while we're supposed to suffer. Also, I saw some protesters standing up against Muslim terrorists yesterday and it was immediately considered a hate crime. Don't people realise that by calling this a hate crime, they are the ones being racist?
Oh Yes, There Will Be Blood

Team Jigsaw
Team Hoffman
User avatar
zZUndeadOdysseyZz
Lil' Hoffy Bunny

 
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
 
Posts: 2661
Points: 2,321.00
Location: I don't f***in' know
Gender: Female
Mood: Depressed

Re: I need to vent...

Postby VaCcAr0 » May 29th, 2017, 2:13 am

zZUndeadOdysseyZz wrote:I use the term "person of color" because I've actually been bullied for using the "politically incorrect" term. I get so mad when someone says "racism against whites doesn't exist", do they have any idea how stupid they sound? I've noticed that people of a different race are always treated like they're better than white people. They seem to always get a leg up and the best of everything while we're supposed to suffer. Also, I saw some protesters standing up against Muslim terrorists yesterday and it was immediately considered a hate crime. Don't people realise that by calling this a hate crime, they are the ones being racist?

Exactly. That's another double standard. Every crime is technically a "hate crime" regardless of race. But anytime someone white hits someone black, it's a "hate crime" automatically even if race had nothing to do with it. But if it was reversed, it wouldn't be. In fact, you'd be considered the racist for even thinking that it was hate crime, even if it was racially motivated (like those black people beating on that mentally handicapped white guy. Somehow, that's not a hate crime at all >_>)

We have affirmative action laws that favor blacks and other "minorities" just for being the race that they are. Yet somehow they are still considered the primary victims of racism. It's unreal.
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0


Image
User avatar
VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

 
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
 
Posts: 35951
Points: 29,090.00
Location: Chained to a pipe
Gender: Male
Mood: OK

Previous

Return to Chit Chat & General Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests