Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Why was smoking a big deal with Hank, but not Adam or Cecil?

Trust in him.

Why was smoking a big deal with Hank, but not Adam or Cecil?

Postby Savy-Oh » July 2nd, 2013, 11:55 pm

Why kill the poor guy JUST because he smoked when others had done it?
Savy-Oh
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: Bitchy

Re: Why was smoking a big deal with Hank, but not Adam or Ce

Postby VaCcAr0 » August 18th, 2013, 2:08 am

Well in Adam's case, Dr. Gordon was supposed to have dipped the cigarette in the poisoned blood and use it to kill Adam. If Lawrence had gone through with it then the thing that Adam really loved would have been what killed him.

And John had bigger issues with Cecil like the killing of his unborn son Gideon. I don't think his smoking seemed as big of a deal in comparison.

Also, it wasn't just the smoking that got Hank in the trap. I doubt John thinks that smokers don't value their lives simply for smoking. He'd have to put a lot more people in traps if that was the case. But the main thing with Hank was that John wanted to point out the flaw in William's formula and to also show that who "should" live vs who will live are two entirely separate things.
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Mood: OK

Postby Kitty » August 20th, 2013, 8:54 pm

VaCcAr0 wrote:Well in Adam's case, Dr. Gordon was supposed to have dipped the cigarette in the poisoned blood and use it to kill Adam. If Lawrence had gone through with it then the thing that Adam really loved would have been what killed him.

And John had bigger issues with Cecil like the killing of his unborn son Gideon. I don't think his smoking seemed as big of a deal in comparison.

Also, it wasn't just the smoking that got Hank in the trap. I doubt John thinks that smokers don't value their lives simply for smoking. He'd have to put a lot more people in traps if that was the case. But the main thing with Hank was that John wanted to point out the flaw in William's formula and to also show that who "should" live vs who will live are two entirely separate things.

Couldn't have put it better myself. :)
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! and SAW 3D!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Mood: Excited

Postby ColeSmith777 » September 10th, 2017, 6:54 pm

John tested Hank because Hank had a history of lung cancer which was directly due to smoking. Despite getting the cancer, Hank continued to smoke - showing the lack of value for his life.
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
52%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » September 12th, 2017, 2:59 pm

So many characters were shown to be smokers, though Hank was the one with the relevant ties to William. Hence he's the one whose health became relevant to that game.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
56.5%

Mood: Lonely

Postby evanmav » October 22nd, 2017, 3:39 am

The one problem I've always had with SAW VI is that all the victims of that movie we're basically innocent and didn't really do anything to really have to be tested.

Not only Hank, but the secretary, the filing guy, the lawyer and even the 6 people on the carousel. Sure some of them were scumy but they were doing their jobs whether morally or ethically it was correct. This is like putting a lawyer in a trap because they defended people who were guilty.

The way I see it, Jigsaw picks these employees on purpose to make William see what his company actually does. So he picks people he knows and makes William use his "policy" against him to show him what he puts through people everyday that use his company.

Essentially all those people were pawns, which is pretty messed up but Jigsaw is too so it still fits his motive.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
21%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » October 22nd, 2017, 11:10 pm

evanmav wrote:Not only Hank, but the secretary, the filing guy, the lawyer and even the 6 people on the carousel. Sure some of them were scumy but they were doing their jobs whether morally or ethically it was correct. This is like putting a lawyer in a trap because they defended people who were guilty.

Well, that's just what John does. He chooses all people who do bad things, which isn't limited to criminals only. In that regard, all of William's colleagues, with the exception of Hank, Allen and Addy, deserved to be in the games because what they did was morally questionable, no matter if it was their job or not. The six people on the carousel basically did the same thing as William all the time, even though they were only his subordinates. And yes, Debbie was chosen because she defended guilty people even though she knew that the things they did were morally wrong. Therefore, she was basically tested for the same thing as Art Blank in Saw IV. I agree with you in regards to Hank, Allen and Addy, but one can't say that the other people in the game were innocent.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
14.4%

1 year of membership

Return to SAW VI