Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Saw V and the Dangerous Soup

You won't believe how it ends.

Saw V and the Dangerous Soup

Postby VaCcAr0 » April 16th, 2018, 1:54 am

So I was watching an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? called "The Tale of the Dangerous Soup" and I noticed some similarities between this episode and Saw V.

You can see the episode for yourself here. But in summary, there is this chef who makes a very delicious soup for $100 a bowl. The secret ingredient is fear. He puts people in a room and a demon statue comes out and turns into whatever the victim is afraid of (kind of like a boggart in Harry Potter or like Pennywise the Dancing Clown). He puts a loud waitress in the room and next thing we know, we see a pendulum blade swinging down (like Seth Baxter's trap). Then the hostess of the restaurant goes in there and she is claustrophobic so the walls start closing in on her. This is just like what happened to Peter Strahm at the end of Saw V.

So this episode has similarities to both the first and the last traps we see in Saw V. Now the next time I watch Saw V I will be thinking back to this episode. Hoffman is like Dr. Vink while Seth and Strahm are the waitress and hostess respectively.
Perhaps by the time they started making Saw V they started running out of ideas so they borrowed a couple from this episode.
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: Zen

Re: Saw V and the Dangerous Soup

Postby Faerie Tanith » April 17th, 2018, 9:19 pm

That sounds like nightmare fuel. That had better be some damned magical soup!
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

Mood: Unhappy

Return to SAW V